Friday, October 28, 2011

Redbirds!!!!!

I grew up in St.Louis, Missouri in the nose bleeds at Busch stadium. I have many memories of my family there. I remember my dad and brother teaching me how to keep score at a very young age. I remember my dad barely cracking open the peanuts then putting them on his earlobes, thus "peanut earings." I would then take the bag of peanuts and suck the salt off and put them back in the bag...disgusting I know but when you are seven opening peanuts is not so easy. We would always go to Ted Drew's after a game to get the best frozen custard, a St. Louis specialty. Those oreo concretes always tasted the best after hours in the stands cheering for the Cards.
The Cardinals seem to always bring our family together in an interesting way, especially in this age of so much technology. Tonight during the 9th inning of Game 7 of the 2011 World Series I skyped my parents in Minnesota. Being in Texas surrounded by Rangers fans it was so good to see some fellow Cardinals hats back home.
My brother is the only one in St. Louis tonight still and I definitely envy him for that.
My sister is in Minnesota but of course we had to discuss over facebook who was marrying which Cardinals player. I called the MVP David Freese which worked for her cus she wants "Carpenter with a side of Berkman."
The Cardinals are so special to me. I can't really explain it. I was six while watching Mark McGwire break the homerun record with 70 homeruns that year. The Cardinals will always be my team no matter where I live.
Can't adaquetly explain my joy tonight watching my Redbirds win their 11th title as World Series Champs, making them 2nd to the Yankees.
I wish I was in St. Louis tonight, my pulse is still racing. I can't believe this.
To end a very rambling/too excited post.
I love the St. Louis Cardinals. WORLD SERIES CHAMPS 2011!!!
GO CARDS :)

No comments:

Post a Comment