Monday, February 20, 2012

Runaway

I always considered myself an adventurous girl. Despite the total girly girl I am, I love mud and climbing things and getting in to a little bit of trouble and discovering new places. When it came time to choose where to go to college I was positive it was time for a new adventure. One far far away from the Minnesota borders.
College in Texas has not been what I expected. Though to be honest, I have no idea what I expected. I decided to go to Baylor on some vague gut feeling. I don't regret that decision but I think I should have looked at my options better.
Sometimes having an adventure doesn't mean running away from everyone you love and trying to make it "on your own." Sometimes an adventure is finding out you love science when you thought you hated it, sometimes its trying a new food, or sometimes and my favorite time it means falling in love. I will always wonder what would have happened if I had stayed in Minnesota and gone to the U of M, but I have learned some valuable things from my decision to go to Baylor.
Your real friends will never leave you. I have kept in touch with all of my best friends. Skype is a life saver. The people you skype with at 1am with tears streaming down your face are your real best friends.
I discovered my high school romance is much more than that. I'm terrified but I am totally in love. I don't know why I am here spending four long years away from him. Nobody else will ever make me smile like he does.
My family is everything. Without their love and support I would be so lost. I know they just want me to be where I will be happy and successful. I just haven't figured out where that is yet. I am happier at Baylor than I have been but I wouldn't say I'm happy. Thats an annoying feeling to deal with and decide upon.
I don't know why I ran away. My senior year and summer after were the best days of my life. I want to be back with the people I love and who love me. But I also want to be independent and do this whole college thing on my own somewhere. I just have to pray and find what place is right for me.
But how can we really ever be sure? I thought Baylor was right. Maybe it was right but is it right for four years? A year and a half? Two years? Who knows...
I'm sick of being a runaway. Lately, I just want to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment